Updated office protocols for chiropractic appointments
Our Valued Patients,
Our mission is clear: The Ariya Team is continuing to serve our community.
Governor Northam has deemed healthcare an essential business. He urges patients to avoid emergency room and primary care physician offices unless you have an urgent need, or show symptoms of COVID-19. For your ongoing health issues that need to be addressed, we remain open and continue to care for patients during this difficult time.
We urge you: Please do not go to Urgent Care or the ER for spinal complaints or other musculoskeletal conditions. Those medical teams need the space and resources to handle the true emergency cases currently at hand.
We continue to follow our stringent protocols for sanitation as well implementation of additional social distancing protocols. Our offices are not over-crowded. We are staggering patient appointments and all of our doctors and massage therapists are working through their lunch breaks to help make this happen.
Our team is here to protect your health, now and always. We are taking new patients daily, so please guide your friends and family members our way. Should our doctors feel the need to refer you to urgent care, we will certainly do so.
If you have any questions, or need to schedule an appointment, please do not hesitate to call us.
As we continue to provide care to our patients, we continue to stay diligent in our safety and sanitizing practices in our office. Here are the present and new protocols that we are following:
- Sanitizing all treatment surfaces, common areas and frequently touched surfaces like tables and desk surfaces, clipboard and pens.
- We have also removed all magazines, children’s toys and books.
- We are presently not using our touch screen kiosks for signing in, so please be sure that our chiropractic assistants are aware when you are arrive.
- Please have accompanying adult family members or friends, who are not being treated today, remain in your car.
- If you would feel more comfortable remaining in your car until we are ready to treat you, please call and let us know
- If you are feeling the following symptoms: FEVER, COUGH, SHORTNESS of BREATH, please make us aware and we will need to reschedule your appointment. You will need to reach out to your primary care physician/local emergency department to determine your risk level and next steps.
- Please make us aware if you have travelled to the following regions within the last 14 days: China, Iran, South Korea, Europe, UK, Ireland
COVID-19 ADDITIONAL OFFICE PROTOCOLS
DATE EFFECTIVE: 3/24/2020
The following protocol and procedures will now take place until further notice:
• EXAMS- CA’s will be taking vitals on all patients who are receiving exams. If the patient has a recorded temperature of 100.5 degrees or higher, the CA should immediately inform the patient that they will not be able to receive treatment but may reschedule once they have been symptom-free for a minimum of 3 DAYS.
• Massage Therapy may only be performed when clinically necessary. This will be determined by the treating Ariya chiropractic physician and/or a referring physician. The patient must have a clinically significant diagnosis that warrants the need for treatment, documented through thorough examination by an Ariya chiropractic physician and/or referring physician. Ariya LMT’s will no longer be performing Swedish, relaxation massages.
• Massage Tables: ALL padding, covers and table warmers must be removed and will not be used until further notice. The only cloth that will be used are the fitted sheet, top sheet and face rest covers. Blankets are NOT to be used, unless the blanket is put into the wash immediately after single use. If a patient is cold, use a second top sheet to add an additional layer. ALL of the above listed items should be washed after single use. Gloves may be used to remove the sheets from the table. Once the sheets are removed, all surfaces of the table must be sanitized immediately.
Ways to protect your health and reduce risk
In these unprecedented times of uncertainty, what can you do to improve your health and reduce the risk for you and your family? Here are some suggestions that we recommend:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy, nutrient rich foods.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep.
- Take daily vitamins, including those that are known to support your immune system.
- Incorporate daily physical activity and stress reduction techniques like meditation into your routine.
- Get fresh air! As the weather changes, open windows and get outside as much as possible.
- If you don’t feel well, stay home and limit your interactions with other people.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, unless you are certain your hands are clean.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
- Don’t panic. Stay informed with accurate information.
If updated information changes the way that we are able to deliver care, we will let you know. Otherwise, Ariya Family Chiropractic Centers remain committed to serving you. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
The Ariya TEAM